X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE BEST MINO / YOUR TEAM

I think we had a post like this one before the forum reset.

So, in each element, which mino do you think is the best or do you like the most and why?

EARTH: GRAVEL, because is my start mino and he's a hard one.
    WATER: Don't use water element in my team, but the Guardian, i suppose...
    FIRE: Scorch!! This tiny mino hits pretty hard with elemental.
    ELECTRIC: Lanstorm. A cool mino and the best electric, I think.
    AIR: I use alacon, but people says Tero is better. Don't have it yet.

Which combo do you think is better for the team: ALACON(attack)+SCORCH(element) or TERO(element)+PYRUS(attack)

My current team is GRAVEL, LANSTORM, ALACON and SCORCH.

Don't have Gravel so what ground type can I substitute him with?

Comment

• Crocling is awsome
      Crocling is awsome commented
      Editing a comment
      My team is water gaurdian lv 16, vertis lv 25, crocling lv 26. Do you guys think this is a good team?

Elementalist are useless in arena cos they die in one hit and hardly does any dmg with its standard attack.
    earth-guardian/bofalo if guardian doesn't count(I don't like da earth element cos it's kinda useless if there isn't the guardian)
    water-guardian/spritz if guardian doesn't count
    fire-flare/pyrus/dingo
    electric-(kinda useless in arena)lanstorm/wix/nitro/kuro lol I like all their designs
    Air-tero(I prefer tero over alacon survives longer)

Comment

I beg to disagree. I've been fighting in the arena alongside alfons (common, elementalist) and it's been owning a lot of fire monsters. It's just a matter of your strategy. Arena is not just about using brute force.

Comment

• Scorching(waffle)
        Scorching(waffle) commented
        Editing a comment
        Then I shall replace flare with pyrus😉jk.To counter brute force Minos require luck.example-I was fighting a guy in the arena with -earth guardian,water guardian,tero,pyrus,all lvl35.i was using my fire team(dingo,pyrus,flare,magmaleon)earth guardian was ezy to beat but the water guardian was hard.i sent out magmaleon since it has amphibious but got 2HKOed.then sent out pyrus.teh guardian then standard attacked.i gotta crit and an aimed hit powerup thing.the guardian then used water beam which was supposed to kill pyrus but it survived(cos undying flame,activates 25% of the time)then switched to a full-health dingo and crit again with the aimed powerup thing.then he sent out tero and dingo got 2hkoed.then I killed it with a flare.my flare also killed the pyrus.(pyrus survived aimed hit and a fire swipe with undying flame). left with 1hp which then got killed by flares ablaze perk(flare died as well)so I won merely with a 1hp pyrus(lucky rite?😄)

• IronProminent
        IronProminent commented
        Editing a comment
        Is obtaining 2 energies part of luck? If yes, then I guess luck is part of my strategy.
        Last edited by IronProminent; 02-23-2013, 03:42 AM.

• Scorching(waffle)
        Editing a comment
        lucky-ish i usuallly get 0 or 1 : )

I agree, Elementalists aren't useless, you just have to be more careful with them. Their damage output against their prey element is nothing to scoff at though, and if you get ahold of an Elemental Burst or Bubble Shield, you can bring them out to bring the hurt even if they have no energy.

That said, I can't say how well they do once the AI is controlling your team.... XD But I've been unpleasantly surprised by AI-controlled element Minos.

Comment

It is because of AI that you can be defeated by a team which you already repeatedly defeated in the arena.
        Do AIs use power ups too? And what's the stats of Spritz in max level?

Comment

Originally posted by kessipuge View Post
          It is because of AI that you can be defeated by a team which you already repeatedly defeated in the arena. Do AIs use power ups too? And what's the stats of Spritz in max level?
          u cant really tell. there s a variation range in stats for all minos except starters and guardians. look HERE

i got 2 spritz':

first one got: 651; 644; 651 second: 651; 693; 651

Comment

Just as I thought. It won't reach 700 like the starters. Also, that's a little bit big of a difference in def stats there.

Comment

• zakbking
              zakbking commented
              Editing a comment
              6FF5FE533F9B1F89

Originally posted by Zepahs View Post
            It is because of AI that you can be defeated by a team which you already repeatedly defeated in the arena. Do AIs use power ups too? And what's the stats of Spritz in max level?
            u cant really tell. there s a variation range in stats for all minos except starters and guardians. look HERE i got 2 spritz': first one got: 651; 644; 651 second: 651; 693; 651
            Maybe that's why my Pyrus is so shitty... I rather prefere Scorch. Mine even do more phisical damage than my Pyrus... damn it!

Comment

• Fabio_Corleone
              Fabio_Corleone commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Scorching(waffle) View Post
              my old account my pyrus was 700,736,540 new account pyrus is 726,712,526
              mmm... Mine is lv 32. I'm going to raise to 35 and I'll post it's skills, ok?

• kessipuge
              kessipuge commented
              Editing a comment
              My pyrus right now is 700, 689, 545. Lovely, right? -_-

• Fabio_Corleone
              Fabio_Corleone commented
              Editing a comment
              My pyrus right now is 700, 689, 545. Lovely, right? -_-

I've just reached lv 35. My Pyrus is 708/723/526. What do you, people, think? Too shitty?

The starters are 700x3. With a 500, it should have, at least, one 800, don't you think?

My pyrus is shitty too. I guess that's just the way they are or we are just unlucky.

Comment

• zakbking
              zakbking commented
              Editing a comment
              6FF5FE533F9B1F89 add

my pyrus does about 450-490 dmg on a standard which is pretty high(glass canon attackers do about 530-560)and it takes more hits than a scorch and other random minos.i mostly use pyrus to do high-ish neutral dmg while taking less dmg and extra dmg with ablaze.(does about 40-50(think it depends on the power of the attack)mite seem small but if add that to the standard mine would do 490-550 a turn(except the begining if i started)

Comment

I like pyrus's perk "undying flame". It goes off a lot. There's one time that it came up three times in a row.

Comment

• Scorching(waffle)
                Editing a comment
                Activates 25% of the time

• kessipuge
                kessipuge commented
                Editing a comment
                How'd you know that?

Originally posted by Scorching(waffle) View Post
              my pyrus does about 450-490 dmg on a standard which is pretty high(glass canon attackers do about 530-560)and it takes more hits than a scorch and other random minos.i mostly use pyrus to do high-ish neutral dmg while taking less dmg and extra dmg with ablaze.(does about 40-50(think it depends on the power of the attack)mite seem small but if add that to the standard mine would do 490-550 a turn(except the begining if i started)
              This can be a pretty powerful combination in the arena, especially with items stacking for a little extra atk and def. However, it's more useful when you're the aggressor since you can use the physical damage if that's more effective. The AI will spam elemental attacks against a resistant opponent without switching out minos and for a mino like pyrus with weak elemental stats that's even worse. (For example, absent an electric mino the AI will will leave a fire mino in against an air mino, and then spam fire attacks instead of physical attacks even though air is resistant to fire. For this reason putting a Tero in against a fire mino is actually a really nice way to build up energy to one-shot that level 35 water guardian that inevitably shows up...)

So a pyrus is perhaps not as good to leave on your team for defense if lots of people have your friend code and are attacking you.. unless your attack stats are so high that it can 1-shot or 2-shot with physical attacks before it get enough energy to start spamming elemental skills.

Comment

I haven't been playing that much but I totally dig my Alfons for some reason. I mean, he just does a ridiculous amount of damage when he's got his energy. He's safest to bring in when you have an elemental boost ready, such as the element attack or the bubble. His 2 energy bubble attack easily does +500 damage on neutral typed enemies and he's only level 22 right now.

Comment

I hope they tweak the AI a bit in future updates, to account for things like Resistances to elements/minos that have pitifully low Element to begin with. It breaks my heart to think my naughty Fireline is using fire attacks behind my back, after I strictly forbid it!

Comment

• Felix Felicis
                    Felix Felicis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha message me your friend code and I can attack in arena, then together we can find out whether Fireline is disobedient behind your back :-P

• kessipuge
                    kessipuge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Message it to me too. :P
                Working...
                X